Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bleed with me

k, just gave blood, and saw a video clip of the Prodigy's "Breathe" the other day (hence the title), also the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chaos Bleeds game - particularly the contraption in the blood factory lol... so it's all mishing in my head...

There's no excuse for pain.

You could bleed and bleed and bleed yourself out into that little plastic bag of life for someone, but there's no excuse for pain. It always hurts more than it should.

You see, that's what they keep us for, to stay alive, they don't mean to hurt us.


From the moment those needles come down and drain each body of it's life-giving gift, it's always just borrowed.

The vampires have set up their machinery fo the most efficient way of garnering enough blood for their supply. Strange steam-driven machines with thin spindly arms ending in needles with tubes attached to pumps, the needles plunge into each future corpse's body and drink deeply so that they might live. I watch the conveyor belt as each future corpse is laid on the belt, strapped down to stop their futile fighting, and then pushed on a production line into the machine's reach. The machine sucks each body dry. The pain is momentary, the shock of dying is much more severe.

Some continue fighting - they must have a huge repair bill on that machine - some simply give up all for lost.

None of them have learnt like I have, that it is merely life, once again feeding on life. Just as we eat fruits and vegetables, these creatures of the night feed on us. In olden times, they would stalk us, chase us into scary corners of the city, then move in for the kill like a lion moving on wildebeest.

Now, they grow accustomed to their armchair existence, watching as their farms grow more and more productive. Some farmers even talk to their humans - affectionately calling them cows before herding them into the machine rooms with their cattle prods.

Some even put on weight these days, which is certainly much healthier than they used to be, all sinew and bones.

They say there is a human resistance out there, causing trouble, and killing lots of both vampires and humans, but this of course is futile. The vampires rule, now. They look after things much better than we ever did.

Well, today is my day. I'm going to give my life, so that they can have theirs. In a way, it would be kind of romantic and intimate to be killed by just one of them, and having your own death mean so much and give so much life to another creature, but this way, there is less pain, less blood lost, less everything.

I have written this note to whomever of you vampires drinks my blood... I want to let you know I'm giving my blood willingly, so that you may have your life. I want you to know that I wish you all the best, and I hope that you lead a good life. I hope you never get sick, never get old, and never die, because that is why I'm giving you my blood. I love you dearly, and I just know you will be happy in your life. You are far better than I could ever hope to be.

Lots of love,


Daisy.



...meh, not quite happy with the ending there... but I might work on it later... see how I go.

2 comments:

  1. thats a very interesting little piece there... very random and very different... me like :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, LOVE that song! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

New blog, so please consider logging in to let me know who you are (especially if you like my stuff)